Check out the BCP Provider Databases below to find an in network provider. To simplify things, we’ve sorted our network into 2 basic categories: Therapists and Psychiatrists.
Therapists (Talk Therapy/Counseling)
All providers on these lists are clinically licensed and provide talk therapy. The lists include Psychologists, Social Workers, Counselors, and Marriage and Family Therapists. Providers in the Therapist category may provide specialized counseling services, which you can find by linking to their websites from our list or calling our referral line for more specific information.
Psychiatrists (Medication Management)
All providers on these lists can prescribe medications. Providers under this category include Medical Doctors, Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine, Advance Practice Nurses and Physician Assistants. Providers under the Psychiatrists category may also provide talk therapy; you will want to consult with them individually if you are interested in this service.
While our list is good, its not comprehensive so, contact us to check it out or get additional network options at 888-969-7874.
If you are you looking for psychological or neuro-psychological testing, let us help you navigate this benefit directly. Call our referral line and ask to be transferred to a case manager at 888-969-7874.
Have more questions? No problem. We can help.
How do I know this is my insurance network?
- Current plans managed include BCBSIL HMO through DuPage Medical Group, Edward Medical Group, Elmhurst Physicians Practice and BCBSIL HMO Medicare Advantage through DuPage Medical Group. This network list does NOT apply to any other plans, though our providers may still be in your network with another plan. Please refer to the back of your insurance card for referrals and info if you have a plan not listed above.
Are all of these providers in Linden Oaks network?
- Tricky question- but let’s see if we can sort that out. You may have been referred to Linden Oaks for your behavioral health needs. Sometimes providers and those in our community can confuse our primary in network facility (Linden Oaks) with our insurance network (Behavioral Care Partners).Linden Oaks facilities are in network for members with our insurance, but our network extends beyond the Linden Oaks name. Any provider listed in our database here is in network with our covered insurance plans. There are also other facilities that we contract with for services unavailable in our preferred network. If you have additional questions, just give us a call.
Where can I find more information on the providers in your network?
- If you need more information about our providers- please open one of our databases and you can link to each provider’s website (if applicable). If you need help finding a specialist or a specific type of service you do not see listed- give us a call and we can help you navigate our network.
I’ve been seeing a provider through my employer offered EAP, but I don’t see them on your list.
- Your employer’s chosen EAP is separate than your insurance network. This can unfortunately mean that you started seeing a provider who is not in network with your medical insurance. You can call the health plan number on the back of your insurance ID card to see if you have any out of network benefits to continue seeing the EAP or speak to the EAP about other options. If you wish to use your health insurance benefits, please select a provider through our network.
The provider I would like to see is NOT on the list?
- We would be happy to refer you to an in network provider that meets your needs- you can always call us for help sorting through this list. If you are sure you want to use a provider that is NOT in network, you can call the Health Plan/BCBS number on the back of your insurance card and ask about Out of Network benefits. Those benefits are managed by BCBS and BCP does not refer to out of network providers.
The provider I called said they were not taking new patients or not taking my insurance. Now what?
- We do run into occasional confusion when our members try to schedule an appointment with an in network provider. Please call us directly if this happens and ask to speak with one of our case managers. We will help clear the confusion and make sure you connect with an in network provider.
I have found a provider who said they were in network, but I don’t see them on the list?!
- Unfortunately, some providers may say they “take” your insurance, when in reality they are not in network but only know how to bill your insurance for Out of Network services. You may find that you get the most out of your insurance by choosing a provider who is in network, as in network benefits are often less expense to you than using your Out of Network benefits (if available). In network providers will only charge you your copay for a visit, can coordinate services within your network and are required to meet certain standards to be in network. Out of network providers, may be unaware of the ins and outs of your HMO insurance requirements for coordination of services, they may cost more for you out of pocket per visit and they do not have to participate in quality measurements or other oversight that we use to make sure our members are receiving high quality services.
My question wasn’t on here.
- Give us a call at 888-969-7874
We will work with you to help you find a mental health and/or substance abuse specialist in your area. Our team of specialists at BCP will help you determine what type of treatment may work best for you, address your insurance needs, and refer you to a provider who can help you access appropriate treatment now.
Bottomline, at BCP, we will refer you to quality treatment providers that will work for you and work for your personal insurance plan.
Find an in-network therapist/doctor
For more information on treatment and in-network providers, contact our Triage and Referral Line at 888-969-7874.